Bookshop, CPD and Events Terms of Sale
The Bookshop sells books at the recommended retail price (rrp) or less, (titles ordered direct from overseas suppliers and a small number of locally supplied titles may incur a surcharge). Titles are occasionally put on sale at additional discount.
For members of the LIV the applicable members' discount is deducted from the rrp. (excluding titles on sale or marked nett).
We make every effort to keep stock levels up-to-date, however, occasionally a book listed may be out of stock. In this case we may need to order the book from the publishers/distributor. After you place your order, we'll advise you as to how long we think the book will take to be delivered to us.
When we need to order an item in for you, the price shown may no longer be current, as new stock shipments may have different prices, we will inform you of the new price and seek your instruction before proceeding.
Our policy is to credit or exchange publications that have been misbound or where an error in Bookshop processing has occurred.
All other return requests will require a 'Returns Authorisation Number'. Please note Legal Forms are not returnable.
To obtain a Returns Authorisation Number please follow these steps:
Fax the transaction/invoice number and a copy of your original order to (03) 9607 9326 with your reason for wishing to return items.
If your request to return products is accepted the Bookshop will fax back a RAN (Returns Authorisation Number).
Please include this Returns Authorisation Number when you return the approved product.
The Bookshop will then provide an exchange or credit for the amount. (The Bookshop will forward a cheque for any authorised refund, please note the Bookshop is unable to provide a cash refund)
Returns will not be accepted unless a request for a Returns Authorisation Number has been received within 14 days of sale.
Cancelling Online Orders
You may cancel all or part of your online order, provided you contact us before you receive the email notification that your order has been despatched.
Please email email@example.com and include your Bookshop Online order number.
Orders to be delivered within Australia, once processed, should be received within 3-5 days.
Overseas orders should be received within 7-10 days of processing.
If you order multiple items and all are not in stock at the time, we will advise you of their estimated arrival times, and seek instructions for delivery.
Trading Hours / Address
The Law Institue Bookshop, 470 Bourke Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000.
Open 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday - Friday. The Bookshop's online shopping site is avaiable 24/7.
The Law Institute of Victoria receives revenue on all bookshop sales. The revenue is applied to maintain the quality and diversity of Law Institute of Victoria services, further benefiting you professionally and personally.
LIV CPD and Events Registration and Refund Terms and Conditions
CPD Registration and Refund Policy
Fees and Refunds
1. All fees for LIV CPD activities are published on the LIV CPD website for LIV Members and Non-Members. Selected activities may include a Young Lawyers or Student price.
2. Payment of fees is required upon registration.
3. Registrants who fail to attend an event without prior notification will and be liable for all advertised fees.
4. a) Standard registration may be cancelled, less a $25 handling fee, up to five (5) business days prior to the activity in writing (emails will be accepted) with participants either transferring to another activity or receiving a full refund less $25.
4. b) Conference registration may be cancelled, less a $50 handling fee, up to five (5) business days prior to the activity in writing (emails will be accepted) with participants receiving a full refund less $50.
5. Registrations cancelled less than five (5) business days prior to the commencement of the activity will not be refunded. A substitute attendee will be accepted.
6. Registrations must be received no later than 4 hours prior to the activity commencement. Conference registration must be received no later than two (2) business days prior to the conference commencement. Late conference registrations will be charged an additional $50 administration fee.
7. Participants may be substituted at any time prior to the activity's commencement. Notification of any change must be forwarded to the CPD Department of the LIV in writing.
8. If the situation arises where more than the maximum number of participants registers for an activity the LIV will give preference in order of receipt of registration. Unsuccessful applicants will be contacted by an LIV representative.
9. All registrants will be forwarded a confirmation email within 48 hours of receipt of the registration.
10. If you do not receive an email confirmation please contact the LIV to ensure your registration has been received.
11. All LIV CPD activities are GST Inclusive unless otherwise indicated.
12. Tax invoices are generated upon registration and emailed to the registrant.
Cancellation of Event
13. The LIV reserves the right to cancel or postpone a CPD activity to an alternative date. All registered participants affected by such a change will be contacted and offered the opportunity to transfer to the next available activity or receive a full refund.
14. Participants who are not completely satisfied when attending a CPD activity are requested to provide feedback to the LIV CPD department through the electronic evaluation or in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events Registration and Refund Policy
Fees and Refunds
1. All registrations must be accompanied by payment. Until payment is received, the LIV will not guarantee your registration at the event.
2. Registrants will be liable for payment in the event of non-attendance unless cancellation or request for transfer is made in accordance with our refund policy below.
3. A refund will be provided only if the Events Department is notified in writing at least 72 hours prior to the date of the event to the contact details below.
4. Registrants for an event may be substituted only if the Events Department is notified in writing of the change at least 3 hours prior to the event, and the notification of change is accompanied by the payment stated in the condition 5 below.
5. If the registration fee for the substitute is higher than for the original registrant, the substitution must be accompanied by the difference in registration fee for the substitution to be approved.
6. If the situation arises where more than the maximum number of participants registers for an event the LIV will give preference in order of receipt of registration. Unsuccessful registrants will be contacted by an LIV representative.
7. All registrants will be forwarded a confirmation email within 48 hours of receipt of the registration.
8. If you do not receive an email confirmation please contact the LIV to ensure your registration has been received.
9. All LIV Event activities are GST Inclusive unless otherwise indicated.
10. Tax invoices are generated upon request and emailed to the registrant.
Cancellation of Event
11. The LIV reserves the right to cancel or postpone a LIV Event to an alternative date. All registrants affected by such a change will be contacted and offered the opportunity to transfer to the next available activity or receive a full refund.
12. Participants who are not completely satisfied when attending an LIV Event are requested to provide feedback to the LIV Events Department through the electronic evaluation or in writing to email@example.com.