Find the right legal help
Use the referral service search below to easily find a firm to meet your needs.
We will help you find a law firms that offer services that match your legal issue. You can search by:
- Your chosen location
- Your legal issue or required area of law
- Specific firm name
You can further refine your search by:
- Your preferred language
- After hours or home visit/mobile services
- No win no fee (Not applicable for Criminal and Family Law matters)
- Lawyers offering free or pro bono services (eligibility criteria may apply)
- Area of Accredited Specialisation (find out what it means to be an Accredited Specialist )
Once you have selected your preferred firm, you can have up to three referral letters emailed to you, which connects you with Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) members who have agreed to meet with potential clients for a free consultation of up to 30 minutes in which no legal advice will be offered.
Note that the referral service is not a legal service and does not provide legal advice.
Why do I need a referral and a consultation?
- The referral will provide you with a free 30 min consultation in which no legal advice is offered. The consultation is an opportunity to discuss your legal needs, potential next steps and the fees associated with continuing. Note that any legal advice or legal work undertaken is subject to standard fees.
- The service offers connection with a large number of LIV members across the state covering all key areas of law
- Note that you must provide a copy of the referral letter generated through this service either before or at the consultation to receive the complimentary service.
Select one of the options below to help find your lawyer