LIV Mediator Directory
The Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) Mediators Directory provides details of approved legal practitioners qualified to conduct mediations. Mediators are listed together with their contact details and areas of practice or specialisation.
What is a mediation?
A Mediation is a confidential discussion between parties in a dispute. An independent mediator helps the parties talk about the issues, identify a range of possible solutions and work towards an agreement that will end their dispute.
Benefits of a mediation include:
- Disputes may be resolved faster and with lower legal costs than at a trial
- Individuals and parties have a say in how their dispute might be settled
- What is said during a mediation is confidential
- When an agreement is reached parties leave the mediation knowing the outcome
- Agreements reached can be kept confidential.
Looking for a referral?
A referral from the LIV Find Your Lawyer service will provide you with a FREE 30 min consultation to discuss your needs, after which fees are charged at agreed rates. The service offers connection with a large number of LIV members across the state covering all key areas of law.
Visit the Referral Service
Find a Mediator